Just read scientific American mind, an article on persuation is quite interesting. It basically says that there are 4 factors in super persuation, SPICE (simplicity, perceived self interest, incongruity, confidence, empathy)
1. Simplicity, simple to understand , easy to digest.
2. Perceived self interest, make sure that they think it’s for their beat interest.
3. Incongruity, using humour and surprises to lower their intellectual guards.
4. Confidence, leverage trust, brand, authority, price to your object of persuation.
5. empathy, to be perceived as caring for them.
Interesting points to check for anyone’s next talk or presentation. Read more on scientific American mind march/April 2010 issue.